Wednesday 22 May 2013

THE CALLING...:part 3

Pull ups, pull ups, pull ups, pull ups, pull ups, pull ups... Wednesday morning, I am on my way to work at 05:45 and that's all I can think about. In my head I can see these beautiful butterfly pull ups where it seems weightless and oh so effortless, haha, man oh man are they not. In event four we have to complete 100 C2B pull ups and this will be where strategy is key (see part one), and where I will need to maintain composure.


Composure... Mental toughness... Will power... Grit... all things you hear people say when talking about tough times during a sporting event. I use the reference point method (part two), whereas other people have religious beliefs that they focus on, and others just seem to be able to put pain out of their minds. Whatever your tools, know them and know yourself as best you can.

Today in terms of preparation was very tough... I did nothing :) It was glorious and culminated in all of us from Crossfit Tokai (www.crossfittokai.co.za) getting our kit and having a brief chat about travel arrangements for the morning. I know we may be bombarded with paparazzi so I cannot tell you that we are flying at 06h30 from Cape Town International Airport tomorrow... ;) But, reminiscent of the 2012 FIFA World Cup...KE NAKO!! Feel it, it is here and for the first time I felt excitement tonight as we all sat around talking about checking out different Crossfit Box's in Joesburg and registration etc. Checking out some pictures of the set up it looks amazing and to see our names on boards above the lane we will compete in, and the fact that it will be exactly the same set up as Rich Froning Jr. will be using, makes it all the more thrilling. I can only liken this to a sportsman or woman who dreamt of playing in a stadium with the big guns and now it's happening. I will try and post a quick something after we arrive with some pics to give you all some inside shots :)

So, early to bed and early to rise so that's all from me. I feel good and have taken to focusing on doing everything to my best ability and let the rest take care of itself. You stay classy now and always remember to put the lid back on the bottle.


Peace n Love
Al Zilla

No comments:

Post a Comment